By Clementene Coates, Oct 25 2015 07:00AM
This is the second feature I've written for Country Living Magazine. In this 'simple make' I show you how to create a beautiful autumnal pumpkin decoration out of an old secondhand book. This will make a beautiful table centrepiece and a great little addition to Halloween themed decorations.
You will need
* craft knife
* sponge or brush
* orange paint
* glue gun
* green ribbon
* twig or cinnamon stick
1. Draw out the shape of a pumpkin on a piece of paper big enough to fill both sides of your open book and cut the shape out.
2. Remove the front and back covers of the book and open it roughly half way.
3. Place your cut out pumpkin on top and trace the shape onto the pages of the book.
4. Using either a pair of scissors or a craft knife, cut out the shape of the pumpkin, several pages at a time.
5. Dip, brush, or sponge some paint on the edges of the pages of the cut out pumpkin.
6. When the paint is dry, open the book so the first and last pages and the spine are exposed and use a glue gun to carefully fix a cinnamon stick or twig along the spine of the book.
7. Glue the first and last pages together and then sit the pumpkin up straight and allow the glue to dry.
8. Finally, tie a piece of green ribbon to the stem of the stick or twig and place your pretty pumpkin centrepiece on a table for everyone to enjoy.