By Clementene Coates, Apr 11 2016 09:49AM
You will need
* Wine cork
* Marker pen
* Craft knife
1. Using a craft knife carefully cut a thin slice from the bottom of the cork to create a flat surface.
2. Next, draw your shape onto the flat end of the cork using either a pencil or a pen.
3. Start by cutting straight down the edges of the shape. Then, gradually cut away the remaining pieces.
4. If you make a mistake, don’t worry. Slice the shape off, draw it out again and restart the cutting process.
5. Once you’ve cut out your desired shape either dip it in some paint or brush the paint on.
6. Try experimenting with more than one paint colour. Make sure you practice on a scrap piece of paper first.
This is my sixth feature for Country Living Magazine. In this ‘Simple Make’ I show you how to create a design to decorate your own printed stationary with stamps cut out of wine bottle corks.